Saturday, July 9, 2016

Constructive....

As I've a had a truly terrible or at least consistently bad day I've been trying to find something to distract me.  I've come round to a lot of self loathing based on the fact that every day my newsfeed and inbox and radio are full of sadness and senselessness at biblical proportions.  I feel guilt whenever I'm sad about something in my life that is not so epically terrible.  In any case, my sadness is best reserved for a glass of Prosecco and a diary.  However, I still need to write - it is cathartic.

So what am I writing about today?  Constructing something that is truly "fluff"  Who loves to dust?  Well not me either.  I honestly feel like it's something that died with the 1920s and house servants - I mean doesn't that dust just magically disappear on its own...in any case I still have a 'need' for a duster.  This need was brought about because I have to justify my purchase of yards and yards of flannel fabric from Joann's annual sale.  I mean, "come on! it's 75 cents a yard - who can refuse that?" So there I was scouring Pinterest for a flannel fabric pattern that wasn't a baby blanket or pajamas - voila enter the reusable swiffer.  It meets 3 of my basic crafting needs - Green, House Worthy & Adorable.

The process if fairly simple and I've included a link to the original poster.
Why mess with perfection?  Well to be honest I did tweak step 4.  Instead of just creating a straight line from one end of the pattern to the other, I traced the swiffer including an indent at the top of the sewn fabrics where the swiffer ends - I did this for two purposes
1. It shows you exactly which end the swiffer is inserted into.
2.  it stops the swiffer from sliding up and pulling out the stitches at the insertion point.

I will post pictures of my design when my phone is charged and my baby is not sleeping in the only room in the house with a working phone charger :/ #poorplanning

No comments:

Post a Comment